Monday, November 15, 2010

Invitation For Abest Friend For Ice Scating

Erma Bombeck: Only the pudding hears my sighs

Sometimes it comes over me. I grab a carton of convoluted, to propose an x-any book and read me tight. Then it can take hours before I'm back to the work. At best, I cook myself a pot of tea, forgave me under the reading lamp and dive into the reading. This can happen to me when books of all kinds, whether it is an old edition of poems by Keats or a worn paperback, the title reminds me of a time long past.

Erma Bombeck Only the pudding curable my sighing comes from the 60's, was here in Germany, however, until 1980. The original English title, At wit's end shows a say little more clearly what it is all: there is a house wife at their wits' end, actually it is all going to be too much, but instead in the therapy, she decides to share their experiences to paper. And they does so with such exaggeration and irony that I can not as readers help but get caught up in the wake of their everyday experiences. And a hearty laugh at all the little, all too familiar catastrophes of daily life:

Erma Bombeck: Only the pudding hears my sighs

Title: Only the pudding hears my sighs / Erma Bombeck
from the American. by Isabella Nadolny
attached works: When my world is full of cherries, what am I doing with the nuclei / I? my heart lost in the laundry basket
Author: Bombeck, Erma
Issue: 12 Ed
Publisher: Bergisch Gladbach: Lübbe
Release Date: 04/28/1987
Pages / format: 654 p., 18 cm total
Title: Bastion-Lübbe-Taschenbuch; General
series title: At wit's end
ISBN: 978-3-404-10887-9
Binding: pb.

Unfortunately for this book are currently available no reading test, and it is difficult to explain why a professed housewife who does nothing other than to report on their normal family life encountered such a reader response is that her book itself in Germany has now sold well over 2 million copies. When I read the book three hours and 220 pages later put out of his hand, my mood had improved considerably. No, that was not a wasted evening, but I was grounded again and changed my view of the hardships of daily life.

How was it that I am as fast festlas? A friend of mine, mother of three daughters, two of which stuck in the middle of the throes of puberty and the third just a trial run for her later rebellion is taking, had just waved the flag and go into therapy. Now I know she likes to consume the meantime housewife light reading. About Hera Lind she could enjoy delicious. Then I remembered that I had thirty years ago my mother happy with Erma Bombeck - not the pudding knowing yourself, simply because the name of the author was then in the Kitchen. Mother was thrilled. They also stood on what was understood at that time under light reading. So now I had when I got the well-thumbed paperback from the box, inevitably think of her friend and began to leaf through the tape.

Already on the first pages Bombeck makes clear that she herself was in the midst of depression when she got the idea to write out her anger on children, husband and housewife duties from his body. If I could count on in the book so with one, then with a certain degree of empathy for the stressed Familiendompteurin.

The type, however, as their everyday worsening over-subscribed and ironically, is more than just an attempt to make fun of their environment. Erma Bombeck breaks the plays, all of which have a high recognition value, with a wink from the top. That they themselves in their descriptions are not too seriously, it might have helped to build on writing their depression. For me as a reader it is a fluke. A little luck, sure. Far away from everything that could be called high literature. But it is damn close to it in reality.

0 comments:

Post a Comment